About the episode
In this episode, we speak with Adam Ogden, Region Operations Manager for Red Wing Shoe Company, about the role Red Wing boots play in the safety and comfort of workers in construction, firefighting, and other physically demanding professions.
We also chat with Jess Cole, a model, and writer, about her experience of having feet above sample size and her 2018 Vogue article 'When the shoe never fits' (read it here).
Join us as we dive into the following topics:
- The history of Red Wing and how they've become known for their cool yet safe designs.
- Red Wing's classic customers, including construction workers, firefighters, and tradesmen, who have relied on their shoes since the company's beginning in 1905.
- Red Wing's recent partnership with Mario's Boots, the ultimate plumber's boots inspired by the iconic video game character - check them out here!
- How Red Wing has become a staple in both the fashion industry and among influencers.
- Jess Cole's personal experience as a model in the fashion industry with US size 9 feet and her thoughts on why the fashion industry doesn't cater to larger foot sizes, despite models being notoriously tall and having longer measurements.
Tune in to The Fit of Things podcast for an insightful discussion on the importance of proper footwear in various professions and industries.